Harry Potter

So lately I’ve been reading the Harry Potter series which is great if you haven’t read it and wanted to share my thoughts on the first 2 books. By the way I’m on the third about half way through. By the way there will be a little bit of spoilers but not too much. Also this will probably be a short blog right now and I’ll make more about the other books and once I’m finished I’ll make a ranking.

Photo of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone taken by me

So the first book is called Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and is a great book but compared to the Chamber of Secrets it’s kinda mid. So basically it’s just about Harry first getting introduced to the wizarding world and Harry learning more about his past and parents. Also by the end of this Hermione, Ron, and Harry are friends now despite Harry and Ron not liking her at the start of the school year. SPOILER ALERT so skip past this if you don’t want spoilers.

In this one Professor Quirrell is the main villain while they thought Snape was and Professor Quirrell had Lord Voldemort in his turban the whole time.

Book was 10/10 for me but like I said not as good as the Chamber of secrets.

Picture of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets taken by me

On to the Chamber of Secrets now. So in this book Hermione, Ron and Harry try to figure out how the Chamber of Secrets was opened and a girl named Ginny arrives at the school who is Ron’s sister (will be important later). They know it’s opened because on the wall things are written saying that it’s open and students are getting petrified left and right. At first, they suspect Malfoy but they were wrong after they used a potion to transform and talk to him. Then Harry finds a magical diary that belonged to Tom Riddle (this will be important later) and think the monster was captured and that it was Hagrid who set the monster free again. There’s also a new Defence Against the DArk Arts teacher named Gilderoy Lockhart (who is a bit of a nut-job) since Quirrell was fired obviously. SPOILER ALERT so skip past this if you don’t want spoilers.

So when they find the Chamber they find Ginny and Tom Riddle’s journal which also if you take Tom Riddle inside it is Lord Voldemort so turns out Ginny opened it and now Voldemort try’s kill Harry with the basilisk but fails and the journal is destroyed thus killing Tom/Voldemort. Oh and Lockhart gets fired whoop whoop!

This was also a 10/10 for me but better than the Sorcerer’s Stone.

Thanks for reading! I’ll make more blogs about the other Harry Potter books I read and possibly another series if you want me to write about a series I’m open to recommendations. Bye!